Monday, December 22, 2014

When my smart phone went missing..


With fused eyes of a bulb came my friend who had lost his smart phone to me. Hah..He lost. What a loser. He had to lose the phone as per the bet and that I’ll now carry on my office-financed plane trip to Bangalore.
I took the phone and put my sim card with a feeling of pride. After all, I had won. I have never been a winner what a win have I registered this time. I could have registered a better way of showing what-a-smart-phone I have to my pears but I need to get busy with presentation preparations. I took off. And reached showing my phone to the most I can show off.
Finally my executive class like feel came to a swift end when I landed in Bangalore. I had to get to the location which I had previously saved with maps from Google in my smart phone. On reaching out to my pocket, all to my surprise I was asking “where is my smart phone?” It’s not that I want to show it off this time but actually I need it. I was out of route on the airport itself. To my awe I wondered how I would even get the heck out of this place. God save me! At the same time I had the envy of seeing everyone appearing smart with their smart phones. But I was a dumb goof here.
Now, I had to figure out the location myself without even a single contact in my memory. I started remembering the coveted letters of the word. But so thankful to my just 2-hour smart phone, I didn’t bother checking the messages. Soon I realised how important this presentation was for me. “Work is the real stress buster”, I noticed saying someone, again on phone. The huge clock at the airport became all known for its purpose of hanging in there. It’s for the geeks who miss their phone and didn’t give a damn that trees are still cut down for making paper sheets. I was submissive to this thought but smart phone was enough to make my ignorant part become visible again.
I came out of the airport while keep on asking names of the place. But I was as new to Bangalore as Kannada named places were for me. I have heard people stumble in English but I had a different language to stumble at such a crucial point when I could be fired. I ventured into a taxi as after watching faces of 23 Kannada taxi drivers, one agreed to pronounce and took me to the destination. But soon to me surprise, I found how dumb one could be. I landed at the wrong place. The driver was very correct with the few place identifying words I spelt. Now he was gone. How good people could be. But I was behind the screen of the smart phone most of the time.

Next I approached a police man with curvy hat. I mistook him for being in jolly mood and enquired about the closely named place to what I pronounced. He showed me the same place where taxi driver had dropped me. To my worry I noticed that am already late. I began asking people for the closely-pronounced-and-named-place. On the street soon my eyes met with the guy who I had seen in my Delhi office. I reached out to him but owing to the rush I had to chase him for some 6 minutes. He then took notice that he was been chased. He responded defensively but I comforted him with the complete trail from Delhi to flight and then tragedy of Bangalore. He then agreed to get me a direct auto to the Bangalore location. Finally, I felt like being booked and parcelled for the location. But soon realised how much mischief I had just faced. In the end, all is well that ends well with a slight enlightenment that smart phone are never smart only in the hands of a smart guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment